Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 21 - Trash to Treasure Recap

Refinishing furniture can be painstakingly tedious requiring hours of messy stripping and endless sanding just to get to the point of beginning the application of a new finish OR it can be quick, creative and fun.  I seriously prefer the latter. 
 
And the end product becomes an absolute joy when it has cost me as little as $1.  In 2013, I need to do a better job of documenting my little 'projects' because some of my favorites not only didn't make it to the blog, they have been sold or given away.  

Some of the refurbished or re-purposed  items that have made it to the blog are listed here with links to take you to their stories.  Link to dining table details  and to  finished table.

  From damaged brown to marble-topped, shabby blue.
 Mid-century Unwanted to Quirky New Table.
Taking a mirror from the barn to the house.
 My shabby-wonderful $25 desk.
 Who would have thought an old dish drainer could reduce clutter?
Have fun turning old T-Shirts into Fringe Scarves.

No comments: