Saturday, June 20, 2009

A $3 Side Table

I wish I'd taken a picture of this table before I refinished it. It had good Danish Modern lines but was so surface worn and distressed that the $10 yard sale price had been reduced to $5 and my offer of $3 was gladly accepted.
When I think of refinishing furniture, my head almost explodes remembering the long, labor intensive, tedious process of stripping paint and finishes...undertakings of my more energetic youth. Now, I search for the easiest and fastest route to revitalizing things that are genuinely worthy of the trash heap.

This table took a quick coat of black paint with a very small bit of sanding and white paint on the top. The zebra pattern was not artistic genius, just a quick computer search for a general idea and a matter of painting black lines on the white top. I didn't even have to pencil the pattern in advance. A little silver "Rub n' Buff" on the old brass drawer handle and the little table was ready to enter the 21st century.

No comments: