Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 7 - The Party's Over

The party is over. The few dishes are done and some very tired little children have gone home to bed with their newly prized possessions.  Actually, even the adults walked away with some things they were glad to have.
Why is it that best intentions seem to be a sure-fire way to NOT get something done.  Even though I had given thought to getting photos of the children and the angles that would provide the best views, I neglected to check my batteries.  Grrrr!  I think some others have pictures that they will share and if I get them in a reasonable amount of time, I'll add them.
 The house has been quiet for an hour or so and here I sit, at midnight, too tired to sleep, eating a piece of reheated spinach and artichoke pizza...yummy  The food was actually very good and the timing of the items was perfect.  Prep time was short and easy thanks to simple and limited ingredients.  I'll toss in a couple of recipes tomorrow. 

This is day 7 of 'the rest of my life'.  I've actually posted every day for a week.  It doesn't sound like much but it really is a commitment to do a certain thing every single day without fail.  I hope I hold out.  One of these days I'll tell you why I started counting UP the days of my life.

No comments: