Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 36 - Seed Catalogs

Well, the days are getting longer and the temperature is getting warmer.  Actually 'unseasonable' warm.  It was almost 90 degrees here today.  The sun was shining and it was like the heavens were calling, "Come out.  Come outside to play."  
Unfortunately I'm still too sick to go out to play but I did make it as far as the mailbox in hopes of being blessed with a Seed Catalog or two but no such luck, no Burpee's, or Gurney's, or Henry Field'sStill, a body can only take so much television so I hunted in all the usual 'stash' places until I found some of last years catalogs.  My "I want" button was immediately pressed and I filled the margins with check marks as if I had good sense...or an unlimited budget. 

I'm certain that the marketing teams who arrange these pages filled with photos of colorful blooms and mouthwatering fruit are aiming their message directly at people like me...stuck indoors, impatient for spring and perfectly willing to spend a few dollars now as some sort of emotionally satisfying proof that spring actually is just around the corner.

No comments: