Friday, June 4, 2010

Garden Update - Early June

After being twisted, torn and laid-flat by the storm, and surviving my unorthodox rescue, I have HAPPY TOMATOES! Bless their sweet hearts. I am sooooooo looking forward to them.
The Basil began to bolt (flower) so I snipped the tips. It is now branching out and producing leaves abundantly. I'll have plenty to use fresh and plenty to dehydrate and crush for winter use.
The Pickling Cucumbers, started from seed are coming along really well in their egg carton seed beds. I will transplant them next week and keep you informed of their progress.
Having so many Jalapeno plants in a single pot doesn't seem to be hampering their growth at all. Maybe it's because I've used this old strawberry pot or maybe they just like having company. Whatever the reason, it looks like we'll have a bumper crop. A dozen or more are ready to eat now. When I accumulate enough to make my Roasted Garlic Jalapenos, I'll post the instructions.

No comments: