Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cooler Corn - Hot Idea

GREAT IDEA FOR MEMORIAL DAY COOK-OUT 
I see ideas like this one on the internet all the time.  Some of them don't work.  
This one did and I was so surprised at how well it worked that I will never kitchen-cook corn on the cob for a crowd again...and you won't want to either. 

No more heating the kitchen and timing the boiling corn so that it will be done but not overcooked and tough.  Here's how it works: 
  • Preheat a clean cooler by rinsing with hot tap water.  
  • Place shucked corn inside.  
  • Pour a pot of boiling water over the corn.  (I used my spaghetti cooking pot)  
  • Close the lid and set the cooler aside. That's it!
While you are busy preparing the rest of the meal or putting burgers on the grill or driving to a picnic, the corn is taking care of itself.  Mine stayed in the cooler for 30 to 45 minutes.  I don't think the exact time matters a bit.  As we were serving plates, everyone got a kick out of serving their corn directly from the cooler.   It was tender, sweet and PERFECT.  

Give it a try and let me know if you are as pleased with the results as I was.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow... that's it? Amazing! And look at the space you save on the stove top! Can't wait to try it!