Monday, July 29, 2013

Garden Time Saver

If there were a star named "the Procrastinator" it would surely be the star under which I was born. It's not that I'm lazy or incapable; I'm up to almost any task. I don't mind ironing or sewing or painting or gardening but getting everything set up and then putting everything away seems like such unproductive waste of time that I find myself putting things off.

The flower beds and pots of plants in my front yard suffered simply because the gardening supplies were unhandily stored at the back of the house where they were needed more frequently. The problem was solved when my sweet husband built me this little front yard storage "house" which keeps everything close at hand.

If you don't have access to building supplies (or a builder), there are plenty of imaginative alternatives:
* A large flower pot with a tray on top can store hand tools and double as a side table.
* An antique metal cooler can be used as part of your outdoor decor.
* An old upright, metal school locker can be painted to either stand out or blend in and will house larger gardening tools as well.
* A wicker basket or footstool also works well on a porch, out of the weather.

Be sure to let me know what ideas you've come up with.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

This is one of my FAVORITE things! I want one on each side of my house and one by my garden!!! How beautiful and how handy and functional!!! Awesome!