Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cute, Versatile, Inexpensive, Fall Decoration

I saw one of these someplace but don't remember where. At any rate, I don't want to take credit for coming up with it, only for passing the idea along.
How simple!
If you have firewood or access to someone who cuts it, all you need is a slice off of a log. Mine is about 2 1/2" thick and about 6 1/2" to 7 1/2" across. The handle is made of 25" lengths of grape vine but I suppose any vine would do. Wire the two ends of the vine together, bend it and attach it to both sides of the log slice with screws. What a pretty little centerpiece for a fall table.
And, my daughter had the idea of setting up a small nativity scene on it for a rustic themed Christmas. It would also be great with a fabricated bird's nest filled with colorful boiled eggs for Easter. If you have any other use ideas, please leave a comment.

I also put a couple in my ETSY Store.

No comments: