Thursday, January 13, 2011

2010 Recap

With 74 posts to the blog in 2010, only four short of 1 1/2 per week, I didn't do as well as I had hoped but better than I thought. Accumulating extra cash by not spending as much as we have come to believe we need to, remains the focus of this blog. One of the best ways I know is cutting the grocery bill while eating even better at home. Under the Label "Cooking: Recipes & Methods", there were 24 actual recipes, 5 entries about home canning and 1 genuinely cost-cutting trick to saving both money and time.

16 posts dealt with "Holidays & Special Occasions" touching lightly on Easter, going in depth into Independence Day and returning to the inexpensive but memory-making basics of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

"General Thrift" (5), "Trash to Treasure" (4), and "Gardening" (6) centered around things that were going on in my own world. But the six part series on "Preparedness" was a genuine labor and worth visiting, if you haven't, and revisiting even if you have.

Some of the things I intended to do, I didn't. This year, I have no intentions at all. I found that I posted 13 entries under the label "Just Chatting" and with a few exceptions, enjoyed doing those most of all. That leads me to believe that I might become even chattier (is that a word?) this year.

For better or worse, I'll be here...Still Finding Cash...time...hope...and happiness. Hope you will, too.

No comments: