Monday, February 9, 2015

Make a Valentine's Bunting

A perfect place to tuck a love note...
or as my mother would say "a billet doux."  (pronounced billy do)  It's a French phrase literally translated as a "sweet (or soft) ticket, a short love letter".  Mother's interpretation was a "love note".  And this family garland is the perfect repository for love notes from and to each member of the family. 
Tucking the flaps inside envelopes and punching four holes along the topside of each one allows for easy stringing on a ribbon or piece of yarn.  I added a little extra decoration with red felt cut-outs dangling by red thread.
Paper doilies, construction paper, scissors and glue...a child's provisions for creativity and great memories. These days it's the grandchildren who enjoy making Valentine's cards but I remember my children doing the same and my memory even stretches back to my own childhood feelings of accomplishment over a few 'especially lovely' creations of my own.  As the cards or notes are made, they can be slipped into the appropriate envelopes to wait for Valentine's Day.
Cost: $0  All materials on hand.

Here are links to two other Valentine's Day ideas:  Making Chocolate Covered Strawberries and making Valentine's Pizza

No comments: