Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March is just a blur

March rolled in with the fog and I've been in one ever since. No idea where the month went. No idea what happened to spring. Just as the Dogwoods began to bloom, they were gone to leaf. The Azaleas blossoms only lasted a week and I almost missed the Wisteria completely.

It's been unseasonably warm and it seems that the plants just don't know what to make of it. I've kept a spring journal for the past nine years trying to get a grip on what blooms first and what takes its time here in my part of Florida. Only the Hickory trees are following form this year, continuing to be the last to bud and even they will be a month early.

As everything around me seems to be rushing ahead of time, I seem to have been backing up. Tried all month to coordinate my schedule with that of my husband and with the weather so we could finish the windows for the studio but never connected on a single day. The car had a problem. The pool pump went out. And, the time I had designated for filing taxes was redirected toward a week long family illness.

As everything outdoors rushes into June before April has even arrived, I'm still stuck in February, with winter clothes still in the closet and all this indoor stuff demanding to be done. So, I think I'll put my fingers in my ears, say "la-la-la" to it all and go shopping for flowers...wonder if I can find a short sleeved shirt.

No comments: